Memu Play 7 Android emulator

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Memu Play 7 Android emulator

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been using it recently, mainly with some apps my wife uses that are not working as well on her phone. Ive used it before for gaming but its easy to install, very clean and easy to use and Android apps work extremely well on Win10.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Memu Play 7 Android emulator

Post by wove »

Nice to hear that works. I activated Android on Win11 and found it to be either a joke or at best quasi working and not really viable. It sort of brought the whole machine to a crawl, and the IdeaCentre is fairly potent new machine.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife is running it on her Dell 7010 desktop with a 3rd generation Intel cpu and it runs great. You should install it on Win11 and see what you think.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been gaming a bit on Memu and it works extremely well.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My older Dell Optiplex 960 wasnt able to run Memu very well even though it has virtualization support. All of my other systems ran it very well.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I thought Android apps would be nice on the Surface Go. MS' emulation is not supported on the Surface Go. It is supported on the ideacentre, but I do not run Win11 on it much, and Android apps, just seem an odd fit for a 24" monitor. I do not know if Memu would work on the Surface Go and in honesty it barely has enough resources to run, let alone do emulation. (Excepting of course that it really does try hard to emulate a tablet,)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Surface Go does support cpu virtualization(Surface Go 1 used a Pentium Gold 7th gen cpu) but Id check your bios to be sure its enabled. Memu works with Win10 so I would think it would be fine with Win11. I run Android apps and games on my 24in monitor with no issues. My Dell Optiplex 960 can run it but a bit slow and its a 2009-2011 system.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The Surface Go for me is a consumption device. I have never installed anything that did not come from the store and Memu is not in the store. I am not very familiar with Windows. My impression has always been that it is a somewhat shakey OS. So I tend to just stick with reading the news, books, comics with some YouTube and browsing tossed in. I thought Android apps might provide a better user experience, since it is a more tablet focused OS, but I have learned to use what I have and I am OK with that.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Given how light Memu is, it might give you a few more options.
Site Moderator