Elisa

Discussion of software apps
wove

Elisa

Post by wove »

At first I did not think much of KDE's new music player Elisa, but it has grown on me. I like live music, and I am no good a creating something like a playlist. So if I am not going to listen to something live I am listening radio. Internet radio stations are a great way to experience different music styles and as a bonus they are generally ad free. You find lots of interesting things. I found this interestingdance/disco played by traditional polka bands out of Croatia, I love the tuned perscussion sounds of Persian/Pakistani/Indian music. And classical Asia with the 11 note octave is good as well.

All this is to say that inspite of listening to music all day, I do not own any music so for me a decent music player must support Internet Radio first and foremost. And I am happy to report that Elisa is doing a very nice job of that and I am very happy with it. It is easy to plug in a url for the station and Elisa typically does a bang up job of filling in the meta data.
tlmiller

Re: Elisa

Post by tlmiller »

So, figured I'd try it out since you brought it up. I DO have a lot of content. IT's all stored on my NAS. Elisa is VERY slow at loading it, although does load it just fine. TAkes ~4x the time Clementine takes to scan through and load my music library. Once it's finished though, it seems to work very well on first test.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It is very slow and given how good Clementine is I dont see it becoming a go to app.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Also it doesn't remember the content listing, so it has to reload it EVERY time it opens unless you save your playlist, then reload it (again, manually) every time. Yeah, had enough of that, and got rid of it to go back to Clementine.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Forgot to mention that earlier TLL but yes and added reason to avoid Elisa. I occasionally use Audacious as a simple music player for CDs mainly but thats it.
Site Moderator