Virtual Machine Manager oops

Discussion of software apps
wove

Virtual Machine Manager oops

Post by wove »

Starting Virtual Machine Manager in Fedora Silverblue requires me to enter my password. Is that typical for Virtual Machine Manager? I have only ran it on Fedora Silverblue.

This morning I looked at Windows 10 in a virtual machine. Big surprize there were update, so I let them install. After they installed a restart of Win10 was required and I just clicked restart now. That froze Windows 10, and froze the Virtual Machine Manager, as well as completely freezing up Fedora Silverblue. It is very rare that I can even recall a Linux system completely locked up. Well anyway maybe I am reporting the first case of Windows 10 freezing up a solid install.

It ended well. A forced shutdown and restart brought everything back. Virtual Machine Manager started as normal, and when I opened the Win 10 VM it started and did the update.
tlmiller

Re: Virtual Machine Manager oops

Post by tlmiller »

With native installations, it normally doesn't require a password, however I have had that if I forgot to add myself to the libvirt group (to give myself access to it) then it would indeed prompt for sudo rights via password.