Vivaldi 5.0

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: Vivaldi 5.0

Post by crosscourt »

I still run Vivaldi on Feren OS and its not a slug but its slower than Firefox by far. Its typically slower than Firefox/Chrome.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

ON Endeavour, Debian and Neon that I've seen, the difference between Vivaldi and Firefox is minuscule, at best anymore. Vivaldi IS the most likely to choke if system resources get low, but as long as there's plenty (which is most of the time on my systems), it seems like the speed difference between Vivaldi and Firefox is all but gone, or very nearly. Like fractions of a second in response at most. After last nights updates on OpenSUSE (Tumbleweed, not LEAP so CONSTANT major upgrades), seems it's back to responding like the rest, too. Used it last night and after the reboot Vivaldi was responding like it normally would.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I much prefer Firefox so Vivaldi would have to improve hugely to gain more use from me.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Since I found a plugin to stop videos from autoplaying, I have started to use both Vivaldi AND Edge far more often. This was the single biggest "killer feature" that Firefox had going for it IMO, ability to disable autoplay out of the box.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I like Edge and its taken over from Chrome that I used as my second browser.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Edge is IMO the absolute best looking/working of the various Chromium clones. If it didn't do so much phone home to M$, I'd probably use it more on linux.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Most browsers phone home in some way with Edge and Chrome the worst.
Site Moderator