Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Firefox 95 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Firefox 95 released

Post by crosscourt »

Working well so far and my website issues appear to have been solved.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My issues as well seem to have been solved.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Still having a few issues with Firefox. I gets upset about some sites claiming its a security risk when in fact theres no issue. Neither Chrome nor Edge have issues with the same sites. Its also intermittent as it doesnt happen every time.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Firefox ever since 95 came out keeps coming up with warnings that sites arent secure and wont allow me to connect. Mind you these are major sites I go to all the time and Chrome has no issues with them. This didnt happen with 94 with the same sites.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The web seems like it has become a nasty place. You got the attackers on one hand and on the other there are countless sites that try and scrap un-needed information from you. This morning after I logged into my medical insurance companies web site, it throws up a window saying it needs to know my location and can not continue until I allow it access to my location. For what purpose do they need that? I have already logged in, and they already have more information about me than I generally share with my wife. And why to they pull this BS a week after the window to pick a new insurer has closed for the year.

Sorry for the rant. But to me I wonder why the hell Firefox does not block that. So I guess for me I am not sure Firefox goes far enough in blocking things. If Firefox won't let me load a site, I do not go there. If it is a bookmarked site, I delete the bookmark. I think it is important that users just stop using sites, that can not comply with simple security and privacy. Major and minor sites all seem to feel they are entitled to get whatever they can from you. Of course people can behave in contradictory ways as well. People order a pizza and give them location, phone, full name credit card info and that is fine, and yet people go ballistic when a Linux installer collects randomized machine metrics and forwards it to the developer.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This is clearly a problem with Firefox as both Edge and Chrome have no issues with the websites that had this issue. Chrome for a time had a similar issue and it got corrected. It also doesnt happen all the time with the websites in question so clearly something is wrong. FF94 did not have this issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

If this continues Firefox may end up not being my default browser. Apparently many are having the same issues and have reported it to Mozilla.
Dont laugh but Edge has been my best browser experience recently.
Site Moderator
chris

Post by chris »

I've not used Firefox for ages. I first went to Palemoon (Moonchild) but my add-on stopped being supported. Now I use Waterfox Classic as my main browser - it is OK with my, admittedly old, selection of add-ons. For chrome-type, I use Brave and Vivaldi for preference.
Basilisk (also from Moonchild Productions) is a comer IMHO.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:12 pm If this continues Firefox may end up not being my default browser. Apparently many are having the same issues and have reported it to Mozilla.
Dont laugh but Edge has been my best browser experience recently.
I do like Edge on linux actually. It is, by far, my favorite Chromium-based browser. I no longer have any issues with Firefox with the 95 reelase, so it's still easily my favorite, but Edge is my #2.