Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Trinity 14.0.11 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
wove

Re: Trinity 14.0.11 released

Post by wove »

I have bee waiting for that. I have Trinity setup in rss feed and their announcement popped up yesterday. This release finally brings official support to Debian Bullseye. I will be running up a minimal Bullseye in Boxes and adding Trinity as a DE. And maybe Q4 will pick it up and I can get it back on the Pinebook Pro.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Based on history, I doubt Q4 will move to this, but it would make sense, since as you point out, this brings OFFICIAL Bullseye support.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I posted the link over at Q4OS but Im sure they are probably already aware of it.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I read the release notes fully today. Trinity has also created Arch binary packages and it can be installed of fedora 34 and 35 (which should release tomorrow.) Looks like they have expanded their reach. Or are trying to do so. Overall there is a bit of a nostalgic trend going on. Trinity is a good option in that vein, the UI is something of old school, it has a very broad selection of applications with consistent themeing throughout. And probably most important it fits and works with most modern technology.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was a big fan of KDE 3.5 and tend to be a bit retro at times. I might give Q4OS TDE a try as its been awhile and see how the newest version works out.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

tlmiller wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:23 pm Based on history, I doubt Q4 will move to this, but it would make sense, since as you point out, this brings OFFICIAL Bullseye support.
I raised this a while back and the devs said that they would be making provision for this.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

bin wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:56 am
tlmiller wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:23 pm Based on history, I doubt Q4 will move to this, but it would make sense, since as you point out, this brings OFFICIAL Bullseye support.
I raised this a while back and the devs said that they would be making provision for this.
Well, that's good to hear at least.

I'm still of the mind that given that most of the releases are fairly major for functionality, not features, they should just stay with the latest release instead of the Debian philosophy of "it released with version x, it will have version x until the next major release of the distro".