Out of the frying pan...into the fire?

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

Out of the frying pan...into the fire?

Post by tlmiller »

So, since Chromium isn't available with *buntu distro's, and I'm just REALLY tired of googles antics with Chrome, decided to try out...Edge on my L14 w/ KDE Neon...

Gotta say, so far, I actually really like it. Now where's the soap to wash my mouth out for saying that???
crosscourt

Re: Out of the frying pan...into the fire?

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! I use Edge more than I thought I would even in Win10 as its a really nice browser. Windows has a Linux style package installer now as well.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I use Edge on the Surface. It is not a bad browser at all. It works well enough that I do not feel any need to add another browser. I am not familiar with Windows Linux style package. Is that something specific for Edge on Linux, or just a general Windows theme package?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

General Windows package installer which may or may not become more the norm down the road.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I knew about chocolatey package manager, but is this something different?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Windows package manager is presently for developers but Microsoft intends to release a version for Win10 thats has similarities to the Linux package managers. Initially it was a command line style manager that got some press back in 2017 and has been further developed up to now, but in the next version of Windows which will be out in late 2025 there will be a graphical version which right now is only being used by developers.
Honestly with all the changes Iver seen recently and what appears to be coming down the line, I wouldnt be surprised if Windows became more Linux like in some respects and further down the road far more Linux like.
Site Moderator