Plasma by KDE 5.22 released

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

Re: Plasma by KDE 5.22 released

Post by tlmiller »

I'm not sure I could realistically stop switching out hardware and not wind up in the looney bin. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! Im doing everything I can do move forward as cheaply as possible.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Feren OS with a new image and Vivaldi installed is working fine. I dont understand how removing Vivaldi could have affected it but 5.22.4 is running just fine.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I can not speak for Feren OS, but in the case of Endless OS, which uses Chromiun as the default browser, they also use the Chromium web engine (blink?) as the system web engine, which means that the email app for instance will need Chromium installed to render HTML emails. Endless also uses the multimedia codecs provided by Chromium for all the multimedia rendering. So in the case of Endless OS removing Chromium would seriously break the OS.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im guessing Feren relies on Vivaldi or removing it caused some after effects. One of the error messages I saw was about Vivaldi and the plasma workspace. The difference is lke night and day and when this OS works its a nice looking, enjoyable distro to use.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Now that Feren is working, not sure Ill try to reinstall Neon but Im usually not satisfied till I get a successful install.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Well, I can 100% guarantee that any issues with Neon are NOT going to have anything to do with Vivaldi. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! I would say so since Neon doesnt use Vivaldi. Ill download the image again and redo it as it may have been an issue with the original image.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far havent been able to download Neon but starting to get use to 5.22.4 with Feren.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Neon installed and the menu in system settings is different from Feren and I like it far better. Neon doesnt use the advanced option tabs and instead has more of the settings out i the open. Feren though offers far more choices for customizing than Neon which is pretty barren with themes,fonts and icons.
Feren though uses 5.22.4 so dont know if those menu differences are a result of Neon using 5.22.5.
Site Moderator