Firefox 86 released

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Firefox 86 released

Post by crosscourt »

It was released yesterday and I have it running with Win10 but havent checked any of my Linux distros yet.

Look here, www.mozilla.org
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Firefox 86 released

Post by crosscourt »

Its interesting as Ive seen a lot more interest recently in Firefox, in the various tech forums I moderate or post in
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

There has been a lot of talk of Firefox recently. It is kind of the last really independent browser/rendering engine and it is loosing market share like crazy. I think the tech companies are concerned that soon everything will be Chrome based and Firefox is needed just to keep the giants honest. I use Firefox and have used it for years.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many of the posts Ive seen have been people who are using Firefox or have switched from Chrome.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Firefox market share depending on your sources has come up a bit this month but with a lot of negative press towards Google recently we may see a change.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

I continue to use FF ESR - finally had to give in and sign up for FF account as profile portability is now impossible.
Wife finds that many of her shopping sites are very bad in FF but OK in Chrome - especially clothes, wool and so on. I've had the same issues with some sites. Switching off adblockers doesn't make a difference - no big deal though. The eternal spinner of page loading reminds me of the old MAC beachball days... :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im not using ESR and so far 86 hasnt had any of those issues you mentioned. Ive got it running in FerenOS KDE and Win10.
Site Moderator