Trinity Desktop upgraded to 14.0.9

Discussion of software apps
wove

Trinity Desktop upgraded to 14.0.9

Post by wove »

Trinity Desktop was upgraded to 14.0.9 on 11/1/20. I was playing with TTOS and it updated yesterday. Today I am waiting for it to finish updating on my Raspberry Pi. Change logs are on the Trinity Desktop web site <www.trinitydesktop.org>

bill
crosscourt

Re: Trinity Desktop upgraded to 14.0.9

Post by crosscourt »

I gave up with Trinity as I had too many issues but may take a look to see if things have improved. In my case Ive had more issues with Trinity versus KDE which has been a great experience.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

It depends on the issues I guess. They've fixed a number of long standing bugs such as the huge lag in setting up keyboard shortcuts, brightness keys now work - apparently but I don't have any. Qt Curve has finally been updated, various other stuff done. If you're referring to Q4OS then they are still stuck in 14.06 - now 2 releases behind. Vanilla install on top of Sparkylinux CLI is good so far in VM
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yes referring to Q4OS which has been a disappointment but have been trying the PCLinuxOS Trinity version recently. Im sure PCLOS will be updated to newer version and Ill give it a try.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Going to give SparkyLinux a try with Trinity.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

The installer for the CLI version is sparky-installer as I recall. For any CLI version I always install Midnight Commander (mc) to make life easier when editing apt files etc - or finding installers :D

I installed tde-base from the Trinity Repos. Afterwards I had to install apulse and kmix for sound. One thing I did find was that after installing kmix I had to run sudo ldconfig to get kmix to run - but that's in a VM. Minor issue but it may help.

Other than that I would mention that the Sparky repos do provide a lot of apps that you don't normally find maintained in local repos elsewhere. Odd things like latest versions of Seamonkey, Freeoffice and a number that they have developed themselves.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Going to get it setup tonite after work. Will post back.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I managed to get 14.0.9 installed on the PCLinuxOS version and its pretty nice but still doesnt suit me as well as KDE.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The upgrade on my Pi was not as smooth as it could/should have been. Everything is working alright, but the menu was completely trashed and I have had to spend time putting it back together.

bill
bin

Post by bin »

That's curious, is that the Q4OS Trinity version?