KDE 5.19 released

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: KDE 5.19 released

Post by crosscourt »

Im only running Neon on one of my laptops so really cant say if Im that lucky. Overall I havent had any issues with any KDE release since 5.12. If KDE ever went back to the early KDE 5 days that would be it for me in regards to KDE.
Im a very standard user and dont make a lot of changes or do silly things with my install. Many people like to tweak heavily and when they get a new KDE version, Im sure problems ensue.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

OH, nowhere near THAT bad. The stuff works, there's just all kinds of little bugs like I'm having. Irritating, annoying, but nothing that prevents things from working.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Decided to test my othewr Neon install on my E6400 and updated it to KDE 5.19. So far no issues with shortcuts, battery icon or other issues.
Went to see if Feren OS had gone to 5.19 but its still on 5.18.4 but they did offer a newer kernel from the 5.3 to a 5.4 one.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I upgraded my work laptop with Neon. :( While I don't have ALL the issues like on the T470, I do have several.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

And several KDE Library and plasma updates today in Neon...haven't had a chance to log off yet to test if they're aimed at the issues I've been seeing and seeing reported.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Updates almost every day with Neon, including today. Ive seen no difference but they have added what appears to be a kernel changer.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I think one of the changes definitely did help some of the issues. My issue with the workspace switcher is still there, but it's much less pronounced, and it fixes itself eventually. Didn't get the updates yet on Endeavour or Arch to see if it helps on them.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

And the updates have been installed on Endeavour (BTW, I HATE the spelling) and it has helped with the issues there (although haven't rebooted to see if my battery icon comes back).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tried it again on one of my desktops with Neon and still no issues of any kind.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I no longer have issues on my work computer (Neon), but I still don't have a battery icon if I boot on power w/ a full battery on my T470.