Another weird laptop with TLP

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

Another weird laptop with TLP

Post by tlmiller »

So, the chromebook has some of the same issues as my Thinkpad when TLP is installed. Very odd. Still, even without it and being used already, getting 9 hours or so on battery without TLP, so quite adequate for me.
crosscourt

Re: Another weird laptop with TLP

Post by crosscourt »

So far Ive gotten as much as 10.5 hours from the Acer Chromebook so really pleased.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So one thing I notice without TLP is that it has a hard time building a battery profile. I've been using the Chromebook while doing laundry, and when I first turned it on it was showing 2.5 hours remaining till dead (at 100% battery). About 30 minutes later it was showing 9 hours until dead. Now it's down to 3 hours. If I were to check in 30 minutes (although I won't be in the laundromat anymore), it'd probably say 6 remaining. So unless I actually USE it unitl it's dead, might be a while till I have a realistic idea of how good/bad the battery life is without TLP. "Seat of my pants" feeling is that it definitely lost like an hour to 90 minutes runtime removing TLP.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My Chromebook does the same thing when I look at how much battery time is remaining. Ive actually used my Chromebook for 10 hours straight watching UFO and still had some battery left. Its a bit odd and my used Chromebook has more issues with reporting the proper battery life than my new Chromebook that seems to have a better handle on actually battery time left.
Site Moderator