LastPass vs. BitWarden

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

LastPass vs. BitWarden

Post by tlmiller »

So, the recent lastpass updates have made it so that it's highly annoying to use in Firefox. If you have Firefox set to delete history when you close browser, the plugin will prompt you to accept the T&C EVERY TIME you open the browser. So I'm trying out BitWarden as a possible switch. Have it installed on my Lenovo only right now in both Firefox & Vivaldi (I'll leave Lastpass in Chromium since I use it almost exclusively for work). It actually supports importing the Lastpass .csv export, and did it quite perfectly. Surprised me. I'm wondering if you can also go the other way. At this point, functionality at least, I'm really digging BitWarden, and wish I would have known about it earlier.
tlmiller

Re: LastPass vs. BitWarden

Post by tlmiller »

After a full day of testing, I've switched over all my installations for Firefox & Vivaldi to bitwarden. No nagging me to accept T&C. Seems to be a lot more stable of a UI, even though the LastPass UI is, IMO, technically superior of a UI. I will say I like the password generator better in bitwarden. Overall they're pretty comparable in terms of features and ability. Also installed the BitWarden Android app onto my phone. Just in case I ever decide to go back, I've stored my LastPass info into BitWarden. :D
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I had made a post on the LastPass forums, and it appears the constant prompting for T&C if you have history disabled is an annoying "feature" of the new version of LastPass (noone from LastPass has commented if it's intentional or not yet,though). Others have now posted they're seeing the same issues.

Meanwhile, BitWarden has been working great for me.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive never use either to be honest.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I started using LastPass YEARS ago. I've gotten to the point where I know my LastPass/BitWarden password, the password to get into my local machines, the password to become root, and that's it. Literally every website is a 20+ character randomly generated high complexity password that I don't know. I don't even know the password to get into my gateway, I need LastPass/BitWarden in order to do that, as I set it to a high complexity and stored it there, no idea what the password is myself!!!