What hardware are you using?

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: What hardware are you using?

Post by crosscourt »

Ive always mainly used business models. on the old side as they have many nice features, better design yet are well priced.
Same with my pcs as the Optiplex series has always been one of my favorites.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I have as well, although for me it was because up until fairly recently the business models were much easier to find with a decent 1080P display instead of 1366x768 garbage. They generally are much more boring looking, however.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The other benefit for me was, having similar hardware like the 7010s meant I could copy the Win7 drives and move them freely among those systems.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So, I've been eating out a LOT less often recently, and I've noticed that it's saved a LOT of money in the last few months. So I'm putting my Yoga 3 Pro up for sale and ordered the replacement for it...a Dell Latitude 5289. Core i7-7600u/16GB/500SSD. Convertible 2-in-1, 12.5" touchscreen 1080P LCD. Not sure yet if it's m.2 SATA or m.2 NVME, I know they were available with both, and the seller didn't specify.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Let me know what you think.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

They should be pretty close to identical to the 13.3" Latitude 3379 that we used at work for a while, with the obvious exception of being 12.5" instead of 13.3". Assuming that's the case, I will like them, I was ACTUALLY looking for a 3379 when I found the 5289.

The best thing is that it didn't actually cost me anything after today. I have sold enough paintball gear that the sold gear covered the price of the 5289 100%.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Most of the stuff I had wasnt worth much and isnt selling much at all on Ebay.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My paintball equipment sold like hotcakes on Craigslist. I may be selling the final marker I want to get rid of for now tomorrow. 3 markers, 1 mask, 1 hopper.

Not much interest thus far on my laptops, but I'm hoping to be able to sell them off, even if not for that much. I've upgraded them to 1903 now. VERY different looking. Very light default theme now. Much prettier overall IMO. I mean, it's still Windows, but it is a big improvement at first glance. Doesn't get rid of any of the things that makes Windows a pain to use, however.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats the bad side of buying behind the curve, as prices are amazing but you dont get much or anything back once youre done with it.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just got another Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF for my wife and it was a barebones system but did include a video card and 500gb hard drive. The guy who sent it to me, forgot to take out the i5 3570 3.4ghz cpu so it turned out to be a great deal.
Site Moderator