What hardware are you using?

Discussion of hardware related issues
tlmiller

Re: What hardware are you using?

Post by tlmiller »

Just grabbed it from Amazon. Nothing special, it's a generic USB fight stick, but works with pretty much anything that has USB or USB-c (comes with a USB-C to A adapter). It's recognized by retroarch as a Xbox 360 controller. Was less than $30.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been using my laptops a lot more these days given the situation. I use them for testing of distros exclusively as my Ryzen system I use for gaming only. Theyve become my entertainment and testing systems.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've been on my m5 Chromebook this weekend. Just got all the hardware working on Debian instead of GalliumOS so I've got q4os (trinity, obviously) installed.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I read your post over at Q4OS.org that its running well I cant use Trinity after being on KDE , Id rather use XFCE to be honest.
Im using so many distros right now on laptop,

Feren OS KDE
Q4OS Centaurua KDE 3.10
Q4OS Quark 20.04
KDE Neon
ROSA R11
Netrunner
Kubuntu 18.04
Zorin OS 15.2 core
Linux Mint XFCE 19.3
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, for me XFCE is slower, and still lacks too many features of Trinity. Even LXDE can't keep up with Trinity in terms of performance, and is NOWHERE near it in terms of features. Trinity with the fixes they've done in the last few versions have put itself squarely back into #2 spot after Plasma for me. Far superior to the 2nd-rate masses of XFCE, Mate, LXQT, LXDE, Cinnamon.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Trinity has too many issues and that was very clear to me after using both Q4OS and the PCLinuxOS versions. I dont find it better than XFCE and Mate which have changed quite a bit recently. You get spoiled with KDE and given resource usage is so good with KDE why bother with Trinity.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah,gotta disagree 100%. At this point Trinity is so much better than xfce it's like comparing a Lexus to a Yugo. There is no comparison. One is amazing, one is...brlarely functional garbage. Obviously you disagree, but I can't agree even .01% with that belief. Xfce is total trash compared to the latest Trinity. They still don't have any menus that I can stand, still doesn't support some of the window management, still the default setup is uglier than q4os Trinity (probably about on par with base Trinity). And so comparitively, I have far FEWER issues with Trinity. Because it just WORKS. Unlike XFCE that I have to fight to try to make it work for me, and still fail because they don't implement a simple menu that just functions instead of doing XP or 7 type menus.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We wont ever agree as your needs and preferences are completely different from mine. Based on posts at Q4OS though, there are a lot of issues with TDE presently that need to be addressed. Everyone has to do what suits their needs so whatever works for you. I know that Dai has used XFCE with Debian before,Capt uses MX19 with XFCE and there have been many requests over at Q4OS for an XFCE version so obviously there are many who dont share youre point of view.
I really dont hate any DE to be honest, there are just some I like more than others.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

OH, I outright HATE Gnome. Worst computing experience there is in the world. Give me MS Bob over that bloated trash.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Torvalds uses Gnome so obviously other people feel differently. ive used it and it was an interesting experience and yes I didnt lke and wouldnt use it.
Site Moderator