Working on my pc repair kit

Discussion of hardware related issues
wove

Re: Working on my pc repair kit

Post by wove »

Minnesota is a state noted for licensing and regulating everything they possible can. I think it is approached from a consumer protection stand point. How do you as a customer know whether or not the contractor you hired to do work for you is qualified and or competent? There are a lot of setups now where low voltage systems are controlling very heavy duty high voltage equipment equipment. And for things like medical equipment it is pretty essential that that low voltage systems like networking are done correctly. For areas like HVAC it just means that another certificate is needed. Service techs/installers for the telecos either already have their low voltage license or they are working toward it.

There were a large number of mom and pop companies that arrived to do home security, home networking, home theater systems, invisible dog fencing. When the low voltage license came into effect most just disappeared as quickly as they came. One fellow I knew who got into that as his ticket to fame and riches was no doubt stumped by the first line on the test -- "name". :)