Dell latitude 3340

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: Dell latitude 3340

Post by crosscourt »

Tested Mint XFCE and it works very well. Nice distro that detected all the hardware fine, improved network app and very easy to use.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

What does Mint XFCE use for networking app? I thought the last time I used it (mind you, been a...MINUTE) it was using the network-manager-gnome still?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yes they are still using network-manager-gnome but its improved quite a bit. Its worked well so far, no issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Not sure if you can test easily as I'm not sure if you have any WPA3 secured networks (and I could but am lazy since it would require a fair amount of work), does nm-gnome connect to WPA3 networks correctly? I ask because in order to connect to WPA3 networks with plasma-pa, you have to manually create the configuration and put in the password, if you try to connect through the GUI by clicking on the network, it'll say that the secrets provided were wrong. Definitely a plasma-pa issue, NOT a NM issue since nmtui will connect correctly, and plasma-nm will connect if, as I mentioned earlier, you manually configure the network in it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yes it connects to WPA3 networks without issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Really enjoyed these laptops so far. Tjey are a bit more rugged and thats worked out well while using them at work Hinge design isnt fragile like so many laptops and I can tilt the screen all the way down to the desktop if needed. Keyboard is pretty much spill proof and access to the innards makes it easy to deal with any unexpected issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just got another replacement battery and so far this suppliers batteries work great. Still havent gotten my refund from the other company that sent me the wrong battery that also wouldnt charge. Im now able to move around with my work laptop and use it anywhere on the property.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I suppose having a functional battery in a machine that's entire purpose is portability is somewhat useful, huh....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!! I was using it with a battery that could only maintain a 36% charge, so it got exciting.
Site Moderator