Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Lenovo M93 Ultra Small PC

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
wove

Re: Lenovo M93 Ultra Small PC

Post by wove »

I purchased one of those, well perhaps not the same model since I got it 3-4 years back, bit it looked just like the picture. It showed up as a clearance item on Newegg and they were offering it along with a nice bluetooth speaker for I think about $125. It came with the cheapest keyboard and mouse I have had, a stand to hold it vertical and the same power supply that is used by the X240.

It still use the bluetooth speaker almost daily, however the PC was very not very worthwhile. Like most things from Lenovo it ran any variant of Linux I tossed at it. The biggest problem I had with it was that it stuttered and paused very often. Launch a program, nothing happens then finally the app opens, load a web page or a large image and some of the content would appear, the computer would seem to freeze up, then poof more content would appear. I was never sure if it was throttling going on, too little RAM, slow a processor or what else.

I ended up just gutting it out for recycling. The case was all metal. The wifi card upgraded some system, the nvme harddrive did not work in the X220, but it does in the X240, and the power supply works with the X240 as well. So in the end it was one of the few Levono devices I have ever gotten that was very dissatisfied with.
crosscourt

Re: Lenovo M93 Ultra Small PC

Post by crosscourt »

Ive never used any of Lenovos small form factor PCs but so far this websites experience with the M93 seems to be very positive. Theyve posted some additional articles on how it performs with certain use scenarios you may find interesting.
Site Moderator