Uninstalling in Macbook

Discussion of hardware related issues
robert77wade

Uninstalling in Macbook

Post by robert77wade »

Hi,

I just want to know if it is safe to uninstall the default apps installed in my Macbook like Garageband, iMovie, etc. I don't use them so I was thinking of uninstalling them.

This is my first time with Macbook and macOS so I don't want to do anything that could affect my system performance. That is why I am looking for advice.

Thanks
dai_trying

Re: Uninstalling in Macbook

Post by dai_trying »

I have never owned a mac so can't offer any advice on that, but in general what I would do is first make sure I have the ability to re-install the mac to it's factory state, and then backup any personal data, then try removing anything I don't like or want, if I end up with a slimmer usable OS then all is good, otherwise restore from backup and either try something else or live with the packages.

Hopefully others might have some better advise, but this is what I would probably do.
chris

Post by chris »

alexawiliams784

Post by alexawiliams784 »

Yes it is totally safe. No issues whatsoever . If you don’t need them any more or you are not using them then you should uninstall them.

But I would suggest using the garageband app. It is quite fun to use even if you have no knowledge, you will find it fun. If I had a Macbook I would never remove the garageband from there. But the truth is I don’t have one and I can’t use it on any other platform. It is compatible with MacOS and iOS only.
Alex Williams
robert77wade

Post by robert77wade »

Thanks for this. That explains it all.
robert77wade

Post by robert77wade »

alexawiliams784 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:40 pm Yes it is totally safe. No issues whatsoever . If you don’t need them any more or you are not using them then you should uninstall them.

But I would suggest using the garageband app. It is quite fun to use even if you have no knowledge, you will find it fun. If I had a Macbook I would never remove the garageband from there. But the truth is I don’t have one and I can’t use it on any other platform. It is compatible with MacOS and iOS only.
Thank you mate! I will uninstall them then. And I don't want to use garageband sorry! I have no idea what it is. But if you want to use it on your PC then read this guide, this might help you https://thegaragebandpc.com/
And if not then simply buy an apple product to run macOS apps.