My new gaming pc will have Ryzen

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: My new gaming pc will have Ryzen

Post by crosscourt »

Just ordered Mechwarrior 5 from Epic game store. Ill download it tonite and give it a whirl.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Installed Mechwarrior 5 last night and it went fine but the resolution setting in the game is grayed out. Could be because Im using an old 2007 Dell Ultrasharp monitor, not a widescreen even though it does support 1600x1200.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Don't think so...monitor shouldn't really matter, only the graphics card. And you should be using pretty darn recent drivers (biggest reason modern games grey out res is outdated drivers) given we were talking about how easily they upgraded.

POSSIBLY could be due to the digital to analog conversion that it's unable to properly query the monitor for modes? That would also explain why your monitor goes out, because the card is defaulting to a non-ideal refresh rate or something that doesn't always work.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats what I was wondering but may have a widescreen monitor soon with an hdmi connection that might solve the problem.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just ordered a Dell SE2419HR 24 Inch widescreen monitor as a friend of mine got me a deal from Dell for less than $100.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I BELIEVE that's the model we use at work, very nice and not overly expensive. I like the fact that it's got such small borders.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Crucial 2666mhz 2x8gb ram worked fine, bios saw it as 2666mhz and CPUID confirmed it was running at 1330mhz. No issues at all, so it appears the 5676 as long as spd mapping is there will be fine.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Downloading Doom 2016 from Steam and picked up a new gaming keyboard and mouse. Monitor should be here on thursday and Ill be good to go.
Use ro think that 70mbps was decently fast till I start downloading 60gb games.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I had tried a keyboard and mouse at a Quake tourney recently that I actually liked but it looked like a cheap setup but remarkably worked very well. Its called MageGee but also goes under the name of Magece. The G2 mouse uses a metal plate at its base that not only gives it a nice weight but it slides really well but has 4 buttons plus a 4 setting dpi button(up to 3200dpi) and a window button. The color changes based on the dpi setting. Nice feel and worked really well in play so even though I thought it was a cheap Chinese knockoff it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.Keyboard also has a color change option .Purchased a set to use with my new gaming pc. Also picked up a Logitech extreme 3d joystick for a few games.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I actually have one of those mice. Bought it a couple months ago on sale!! :D