Intel AX200

Discussion of hardware related issues
tlmiller

Intel AX200

Post by tlmiller »

So got my card in today and got it installed in the Lenovo. Requires 5.0+ kernel, so I had to install from sid. Backports shouldn't be overly far away, 5.2 got into Bullseye yesterday or the day before (don't remember exactly), so probably not too far off.

In my testing, it definitely does seem to be a LITTLE better than an AC card, even when connecting to my AC router. I was able to walk outside my front door to the edge of my porch and I still had a connection. BARELY, but that's further than I can go with ANYTHING else I own, Intel, Atheros/Qualcomm, or Realtek (or whatever's in my phone).

If I see them get a little cheaper, I may another one or 2, replace the Realtek and a 9260AC with these.
tlmiller

Re: Intel AX200

Post by tlmiller »

Found them $14 from the USA so ordered 2. They're available as low as $13 from china, but don't want to wait for 3 weeks+ for it to arrive again. These arrive next week. The sad thing is that when they arrive all my machines except the desktop will have Intel wireless. But Qualcomm has noone to blame but themselves since they haven't released an AX card.