crosscourt

Re: Finally broke down

Post by crosscourt »

Nicely detailed readout, does remind me of CPU-Z
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I really like how attractive the application makes everything. Now that I found a stable version for Debian (Arch and Fedora it already worked great on), I have it installed on everything. Won't work on my Acer unless I plug a USB key in (eMMC drive only), but other than that it works without issues on everything. Not 100%, doesn't read a lot of frequencies quite correctly, but gets the important bits and presents it in a very good looking manner.

Finally got to test some of my games tonight. Have the settings turned up significantly higher than they were on my old desktop, and STILL smoother running!! I'm definitely happy.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So working from home today. I will say that it's not so much the speed of this that's trememdously different, it's the responsiveness. The prior desktop finished everything quickly, but took a little bit to actually startt doing things. This one seems to get into things much faster. It's not INSANELY faster at copmleting them, but seems to start much faster.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats the way I felt when I moved to the ivy Bridge systems from my older systems. Things were faster but the responsiveness of the system was much better. I got rid of most of my older systems because I couldnt deal with the speed issues.
Site Moderator